Monday, May 14, 2012

The Details

I thought I would add some general details about what and how I juice.
My vinegar wash has a little over a cup of vinegar in that big bowl that I pictured in a previous post. I really am not sure if that is the perfect mix, but it works for me so far.
The produce I use is almost always labeled organic. I was told by Paul, the gentleman that runs my favorite, local Sustain grocery store that there are somethings that can't be labeled/found organic but they are grown that way. I think that may go for some of the more small farm, exotic stuff. Some of the grocery store chains have also begun to carry organic goods. Whole Foods is another option but they are just too far from me to go to very often.
I wash my juicer right after I juice.  Sometimes, I use the dishwasher and occasionally I soak the wire basket in a strong vinegar-water bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment